To register with the online ordering service you need to fill in a form and present this at the Surgery with 2 forms of identification. You will then be given a registration code to create your own log in details with Vision Online Services.
Ordering repeat prescriptions
Patients on long term medication should have the tear-off (on right hand side) page on their last prescription which lists all your current repeat medications .
1. Please clearly mark the items required and put it in the box provided in the entrance hall at the surgery ( 8 am to 6pm all weekdays except public holidays) or post it to us. The box is checked 3 times a day.
2. Alternatively you can order online anytime by following the link at the top of this page and carrying out a simple registration. Please remember this facility is strictly and only for repeat prescriptions i.e. items on the right hand side of your prescription sheet. We are unable to process any other non-repeat items requested in this way. It is your responsibility that you request the right items.
3. You could also ask your chemist to order the repeat prescription on your behalf if you find the above two options difficult.
4. Please note that due to Data Protection obligations and Patient safety concerns we are no longer able to accept repeat prescription requests over telephone. We will make exceptions for elderly/disabled persons who are housebound, don't use a computer, have no support AND have not managed to get a chemist to order their repeat prescription. This will be considered on an individual basis by the practice manager after direct discussion with the patient .
Collection of Repeat Prescriptions
1. You can collect the prescriptions at the surgery and take it to any Chemist in Scotland. If you wish someone else to collect a prescription on your behalf, we MUST be notified of your consent for this (consent forms are avilable from reception).
2. Prescriptions are also collected every day by the local Kirkmuirhill Pharmacy around lunch time and twice weekly by Boots and Abbeygreen Pharmacies in Lesmahagow. Please let us know in person or online (while ordering repeat prescriptions) if you require this service. Please be aware that if you have requested for a Chemist pick up, there might be an additional delay depending on their frequency of pick up.
3. Please note that we do not post or fax prescriptions to any Pharmacy unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Home delivery requests should be discussed directly with the Chemist.
Please allow a MINIMUM OF TWO FULL WORKING DAYS between requesting and collecting your medication.